ACLU_MD: RT @ACLU: Profiting off African-Americans & immigrants in #privateprisons? @kanyewest's right to call out #CCA for #newslavery: http://t.co…
May 24, 2013 03:41 PM
ACLU_MD: The original bill crafted by the ‘Gang of Eight' was tweaked – but emerged largely in the same form as before.... http://t.co/7g6zsQhXLY
May 24, 2013 02:04 PM
ACLU_MD: Immigration Reform: Week Three Is History (And Earlier Than Expected!) -- http://t.co/ej5RaTrk8w via @aclu
May 24, 2013 01:36 PM
Legal and administrative volunteers
Get up! Stand up! Stand up for your rights!
Be an ACLU volunteer and help defend our rights to think and speak as we choose and live without discrimination and unwarranted government intrusion. Here are just a few of our priority issues:
Defending freedom of speech and freedom of religion
* Fighting discrimination of all sorts
* Guarding your privacy
* Stopping police misconduct
* Guaranteeing lesbian and gay rights
* Assisting prisoners
* Supporting rights for persons with disabilities
* Protecting free access to government records
The ACLU of Maryland is looking for a part-time intern or volunteer to work with the Legal Program in our Baltimore office.
The ACLU Legal Investigation and Administration Volunteer will assist staff with all aspects of the legal program, including:
- Investigating and researching civil rights violations and civil liberties issues; Administrative support related to current lawsuits and legal matters, including file management; Writing summaries of cases and projects; and Data management and organization.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter, resume and at least two professional references to Amy Cruice at email@example.com.