#mobilejustice MD app
The app's main functions:
- The record button allows you to record exchanges between police officers and themselves or other community members. The audio and video files are automatically sent to the ACLU of Maryland so that evidence can't be destroyed.
- The witness function sends out an alert when police stop someone so that community members can move toward the location and document the interaction.
- The report feature gives you the option to complete an incident report and send it directly to the ACLU of Maryland for review. ACLU legal staff will review videos that are sent along with a detailed incident report.
- A Know Your Rights section - in English and Spanish - provides an overview of your rights when you are stopped by law enforcement officers.
- The notification function allows you to get news about action alerts and events on police accountability, to help you get involved in the movement for reform.
Please note that by playing this clip You Tube and Google will place a long-term cookie on your computer. Please see You Tube's privacy statement on their website and Google's privacy statement on theirs to learn more. To view the ACLU's privacy statement, click here.
Want to be part of our Mobile Justice Outreach Team? We will need YOUR HELP getting the word out about the app. Email us to get involved.