Baltimore Neighborhoods Inc. (BNI), the NAACP of Baltimore Co., three residents of Baltimore Co. filed a complaint with HUD in 2011 over entrenched, long-term Baltimore County practices that ignored the needs of a significant portion of county residents. Those practices created and reinforced residential segregation, including exclusionary zoning, resistance to subsidized housing and openly discriminatory housing and development policies— funded, in large part, by federal tax dollars. and
The U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development with the BNI have signed an agreement with Baltimore Co. to begin unwinding decades of housing discrimination against African Americans, families with children and people with disabilities.
2. Press Release re: Voluntary Compliance and Conciliation Agreement
3. VCA/Conciliation Agreement
4. BNI and NAACP et al v. Baltimore County Administrative Complaint.
5. NAACP v. Baltimore County Housing Discrimination Complaint
6. Map of LIHTC projects in Baltimore County