Advocate with us during the 2022 Maryland General Assembly. Join fellow Marylanders in an overview of ACLU of Maryland’s key 2022 legislative priorities, and plug into our statewide grassroots lobbying efforts that depend on YOUR leadership.
WHEN: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: This is a virtual event hosted on Zoom.
After you RSVP, you will receive the Zoom link for the joining the event. Make sure to add the event to your calendar.
Here’s what we’ll focus on at the Grassroots Legislative Leadership Day:
- You will meet grassroots leaders from across the state.
- Hear from ACLU legislative and legal experts on our efforts for police reform, racially just marijuana reform, immigrant’s rights, the rights of Marylanders who are incarcerated, education equity, and more.
- Work with volunteer leaders from your county to build our statewide grassroots legislative teams.
We need you, your family members, and your neighbors to make your voices and experiences heard in our State Capital in 2022.
Bring your experiences and questions! The event will offer breakout group discussions with representatives from our affiliate to dig deeper into your questions and suggestions.
KNOW BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Please register and hold this time on your calendar. We will send out a reminder about how to join the event a few hours before the event starts, so keep an eye on your inbox that day.
- Please let us know on the registration form if you need help with Spanish-language or ASL interpretation, closed captioning, or another accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
HOW TO USE ZOOM:
- Download and install ZOOM (they offer a free version) for desktop or mobile devices.
- Please arrive 5 mins in advance to ensure you’re connected and ready to go.
- Your volume will automatically be set to mute. Please keep yourself on mute if you are not speaking. You will be able to unmute yourself if are speaking.