Join the Maryland Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability on Thursday, March 4, to demand real police reform. Compromise with the FOP is not progress. We need real change!
Meet at the Annapolis District Court House (251 Rowe Blvd, Annapolis, MD 21401). We will march to Lawyer's Mall for the rally.
- Pass Anton's Law with no amendments to weaken the bill;
- Full Repeal of LEOBR, nothing less;
- Use of force statewide standard;
- Cops out of schools; and
- Local control of Baltimore City Police Department.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Can't make it to Annapolis? Don't worry. There are other ways you can help:
- Take a quick video of yourself. Tell your legislators why it's important to reimagine policing.
- Share social media posts. Tag your legislators on Facebook and Twitter.
Tips, script, and other resources:
- VIDEO SCRIPT:
“My name is ___ and I live in _____. I am demanding that Senator/ Delegate _____ do more than the bare minimum and pass all five of the Maryland Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability’s demands. That means passing Anton’s Law - no bad amendments, fully repealing LEOBR, having a constitutional use of force standard, getting cops out of schools, and having local control over the Baltimore City police department. Enough Is Enough.”
- For both, don't forget to also tag the Maryland Coalition for Justice and Police Accountability (Facebook and Twitter) and use #MDGA21 in your post so we can boost your message.
- If you don’t know who your legislators are check here.
- You can then find their social media handles here.