Maryland 2020: Power to the People in the General Assembly (EP. 06)
Another Maryland Legislative session is upon us, with the General Assembly set to start on January 8, 2020. This session, the ACLU of Maryland will be working on six priority areas:
- Race and wealth equity for Maryland’s school children;
- The Trust Act to defend the rights of immigrants in our communities;
- Equality in support services for women exiting the criminal legal system;
- Transparency in policing;
- The right to vote for Marylanders behind bars; and
- Due process for children entangled in the criminal so-called “justice” system.
Toni Holness, our public policy director, Joe Spielberger, our public policy council, and Justin Nalley, our education policy analyst, join Thinking Freely this month to talk about our work and how you can get involved.
This podcast was recorded on Piscataway land.
Thinking Freely, ACLU of Maryland's monthly podcast, will inform Marylanders about what's happening politically – from the courts to the streets – so they can get involved and realize a more equitable Maryland for all.