Your Voice, Your Vote: Let’s Make Sure Everyone Can Vote in the 2020 Election (EP. 13)
The fight for voting rights remains as critical as ever, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We talked to leading voting rights experts in Maryland: Joanne Antoine, Executive Director of Common Cause, Reverend Kobi Little, President of the Baltimore Branch of the NAACP, and Dana Vickers Shelley, Executive Director of the ACLU of Maryland.
We talked about our voting rights, the challenges of voting during the COVID-19 pandemic, and what you need to know to exercise your vote by Tuesday, November 3.
The election will be here before you know it. Start checking things off this list today:
- Listen to our latest episode of Thinking Freely about the 2020 election.
- Register to vote.
- Check your voter registration to make sure your address is correct.
- Applications for mail-in ballots have been sent to voters. If you don’t receive your application by the end of August, request a mail-in ballot online.
- Vote early, however you choose: mail, drop box, or in person.
- Share this checklist with everyone you know!
This podcast was recorded on Piscataway land.
Thinking Freely, ACLU of Maryland's monthly podcast, will inform Marylanders about what's happening politically – from the courts to the streets – so they can get involved and realize a more equitable Maryland for all.