Join the ACLU of Maryland and the Maryland Institute College of Art for a discussion of the threats and opportunities facing our democracy. We’ll address how racist legacies of the past, like the Jim Crow holdover idea of linking the right to vote to incarceration, continue to threaten democracy today. And we’ll discuss the many recent voting rights threats that have gained steam under the Trump administration.
Our updated list of esteemed speakers for this year’s event are:
- Courtland Cox, Civil Rights Leader;
- Nicole Hanson, Director of Out for Justice, Inc.; and
- Eric Gottesman, Photographer/Artist.
The discussion will be moderated by Tom Hall, host of WYPR 88.1 FM’s Midday.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- The location is wheelchair accessible.
- The event is free to attend, but RSVPing is strongly encouraged.
- Parking is available on the street or nearby paid parking garages.